Possible bug in german campaign

Post your technical problems here.
cm[]
Cadet

Possible bug in german campaign

Unread postby cm[] » Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi,

I might have found another bug, but I am not sure about it (v 1.03pre2)

In the german campaign, I did not get a BV in Edelweiß, so Terek was correctly locked. I then played the Stalingrad mission, where I did succeed in securing a BV. After this, Terek was unlocked and the only mission I could play, whereas Astrakhan/the other mission (forgot the name) were both locked. So I am not sure if this is really inteded to be that way.

Moreover, when I tried to play the Terek scenario I lost on my first try (of course, that one is really hard :lol:), and after clicking on reset on the campaign screen afterwards, I was actually reset to the end of case blue (with both Stalingrad and Edelweiß as now playable). Altough it is also possible that I highlighted Edelweiß before, I am not sure about that.

I've also included the campaign folder as it stands now, if that is of any help.

Best and thanks for all the bugfixing :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Possible bug in german campaign

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 pm

cm[] wrote:In the german campaign, I did not get a BV in Edelweiß, so Terek was correctly locked. I then played the Stalingrad mission, where I did succeed in securing a BV. After this, Terek was unlocked and the only mission I could play, whereas Astrakhan/the other mission (forgot the name) were both locked. So I am not sure if this is really inteded to be that way.

Yes. Locking is done to ensure scenarios are played in roughly correct chronological order. You need to play Terek first, and then Astrakhan and Kuibyshev will be unlocked (they are currently opened, but locked).

There's a discussion of this in the manual, page 38.

cm[] wrote:Moreover, when I tried to play the Terek scenario I lost on my first try (of course, that one is really hard :lol:), and after clicking on reset on the campaign screen afterwards, I was actually reset to the end of case blue (with both Stalingrad and Edelweiß as now playable). Altough it is also possible that I highlighted Edelweiß before, I am not sure about that.

Yeah, it looks like you selected Edelweiss first. Remember, when you click on "Reload Campaign" it reloads the selected scenario :!: , and also all scenarios you played afterwards.

So because you played Edelweiss before Stalingrad, both are now available to play.

Cheers,

Tomislav