Crash on launch - "NoneType unsubscriptable"?

Post your technical problems here.
bartleby
Cadet

Crash on launch - "NoneType unsubscriptable"?

Unread postby bartleby » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:16 am

Hi. I just bought the game, and I'm having an issue getting it to run. It crashes when I launch it. Here are the crash.log contents:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uoc.py", line 118, in <module>
  File "ntpath.pyo", line 97, in join
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

I've tried running as administrator, as well as installing with anti-virus turned off. Guess it might be some python error? This is a windows 7 64 machine. I just downloaded the game this evening, so I assume it's the latest version. The installer was 1.01.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Crash on launch - "NoneType unsubscriptable"?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 am

Hello bartleby,

at first glance, this looks like a problem with your machine rather than a bug. The error means that environment variable APPDATA is not set on your machine when it should always be set (in any version of Windows).

Please check that the following path exists and is readable: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming.

Also, please check that APPDATA is correctly set. Go to command prompt, then type: echo %APPDATA% (press return). Please post here what was returned.

bartleby
Cadet

Re: Crash on launch - "NoneType unsubscriptable"?

Unread postby bartleby » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Wow, how was that not set? Oh, Windows...I set it and now UoC works fine. Looking forward to getting my butt kicked a little.

Thanks for the quick reply and the help! Sorry I had to have you troubleshoot my computer and not your game, haha.