GamersGate Purchaser of Black Turn DLC - :(

Post your technical problems here.
learyd
Cadet

GamersGate Purchaser of Black Turn DLC - :(

Unread postby learyd » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:42 pm

I own this Awesome game. I purchased the main game and the redturn DLC through steam a few months ago. Everything has been working great for some time.
Until ...
yesterday when I purchased the blackturn DLC. Unfortunately I bought this DLC through gamersgate. :( I should have read others forum posts here first! I was expecting it to work with my steam version, and of course it doesn't, because they supplied me with a "standalone" key for the dlc and not a steam key for the DLC. Original game and redturn dlc still work with steam like always. I emailed gamersgate technical support hoping for a steam key or solution and they told me I was out of luck. Therefore I still tried installing the standalone version of the blackturn dlc into the steam "unity of command" game folder, but the main game didn't recognize that I have the blackturn dlc installed.

I have two recommendations for solutions if I may. I was wondering if you could help me either one:
1) get the steam key for the Black Turn DLC (I will supply the "standalone" dlc key I was given from gamersgate)
or
2) get access to the software for the standalone version of unity of command (I could uninstall my version in Steam and install the standalone version of the game and DLC). Fortunately it appears that in steam I see "CD" keys beside the game that do not correspond (not the same as) the steam key I used to activate the game. If these separate cd keys do indeed activate the standalone version of the game and DLCs (DLC has a seperate key), this could also be a viable solution. Therefore it is possible that I could install the primary game and DLCs outside of steam. Unfortunately I don't have an actual download copy of the game (non-steam). If so is it possible for me to have a download of the primary game and DLCs made available? I can and will supply my serial keys if requested.
Douglas
Thank you!

learyd
Cadet

Re: GamersGate Purchaser of Black Turn DLC - :(

Unread postby learyd » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:17 pm

I saw someone post a similar issue and suggested installing the 1.05 update into the steam game folder. It fixed my problem!!!

It asked for the key and then worked.