Bought the Trilogy from GamersGate :(

Post your technical problems here.
Oatmeal
Cadet

Bought the Trilogy from GamersGate :(

Unread postby Oatmeal » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:00 am

The version for sale on GamersGate does not have Steam keys. This was supposed to be a gift for a friend but the game is now tied to my GamerGate account.

Has anyone had this problem before and know how to get around it?
Are we able to exchange the GG keys for Steam keys?
Why are 2x2/GG not issuing Steam keys?
Do I have to deal only with GamersGate on this?
Is there another way my friend can download the install files without having access to my GamersGate account?

Thanks.

aesqe
Marching band

Re: Bought the Trilogy from GamersGate :(

Unread postby aesqe » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 am

Hi Oatmeal! :)

UOC GamersGate purchases do not come with Steam keys, I'm afraid, that's how it's been from the start. You can get Steam keys only if you buy directly from us.

We also cannot exchange GamersGate keys for Steam keys, sorry.

The best we can offer you is creating an account for your friend on our site. From there, he'll be able to download installers for the standalone version of the game.

Just drop us an e-mail at [email protected] and we'll sort it out for you in no time.

Oatmeal
Cadet

Re: Bought the Trilogy from GamersGate :(

Unread postby Oatmeal » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks. I'll see if that's what my friend wants to do. Wish GamersGate would be have been more clear about this on the product listing for your game. I don't follow you guys on twitter so I didn't see the warning you tweeted.

I think the primary problem my friend has, other than the ease of patching games in Steam, is that the game has DRM. How does it work for your game so I can let him know?