Mac Issues with User Generated Scenarios

Post your technical problems here.
dfarrell24
First Lieutenant

Mac Issues with User Generated Scenarios

Unread postby dfarrell24 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:54 am

Hi Folks,

My mac doesn't have a UoC folder in when I followed the path in your FAQ section (/Library/Application Support/Unity of Command/user/scenarios). I created one, but the user scenarios still didn't show up in the game menu. Any suggestions?

aesqe
Marching band

Re: Mac Issues with User Generated Scenarios

Unread postby aesqe » Thu May 08, 2014 8:54 am

Hi dfarrell24 :)

have you tried the third answer?

Click on "Load Game" from the game main menu, then "Open Saved Games Folder". When the folder opens, go one level up, so you're in the "Unity of Command" folder. Within that folder go to "user", and then "scenarios".

ghgregg
Newcomer

Unread postby ghgregg » Fri May 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Having the same problem - the actual Library folder isn't visible under your computer name unless you go thru the game to access the folder via Load Game. I downloaded some scenarios and moved them into the folder (they became aliased). They don't show up at all when I go to the Scenarios menu. When I access them thru the game (Load Game - Open Saved Games Folder), a screen of the Unity of Command folder opens; I go to user/scenarios/; the scenarios (aliased) are there, but when I try to open a scenario, I get a message that the document can't be opened; "Unity of Command cannot open files in the "Unity of Command.app Document" format.

AceOSpades
Cadet

Unread postby AceOSpades » Fri May 23, 2014 4:55 pm

I'm also having the same problem as ghgregg. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Mon May 26, 2014 12:11 pm

@ghgregg, @AceOSpades:

Unity of Command won't be able to open the scenario files directly (double clicking the files in Finder) - you have to load them from the scenario list within the game.

@ghgregg: what do you mean by "aliased"? Like a shortcut?

AceOSpades
Cadet

Unread postby AceOSpades » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm

@aesqe, I'm using OSX 10.9.3, I think the problem is when we try to place the downloaded scenario into UoC, we cannot find the folder through the path (/Library/Application Support/Unity of Command/user/scenarios), because there are no UoC files under application support.
Therefore, some of us may have tried dragging the scenario files into UoC via the finder and into the RT & BT folders. I have placed user scenarios into RT & BT scenario and campaign folders, they do not show up in the game menu.
Also there are no user scenario folders accessible through this finder pathway. I have also tried to place them into the saved game folder through the UoC game, via Load game/Open saved game folder. I can see the scenarios in the folders, but not in the game. When I try to open them from this folder, the mac says it can't open them because "Unity of Command cannot open files in the "Unity of Command.app Document" format.

Thanks

AceOSpades
Cadet

Unread postby AceOSpades » Mon May 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Hey guys, the problem is that if you drag and drop the file becomes aliased, so you need to press the option button before you release the item to the desktop or app folder. This creates a copy and you should see the scenario in UoC's scenario list. Whoo-hoo! More UoC goodness!