New purchase from steam -- fails to launch

Post your technical problems here.
batoche1864
Newcomer

New purchase from steam -- fails to launch

Unread postby batoche1864 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:32 pm

I've just purchased the game from steam after playing the demo.

After downloading Stalingrad and Red I pressed 'Play' in steam for the first time and had the cd key window pop up -- I selected 'copy to clipboard' and 'do not show again' and then hit play again. I get a choice between the game or the scenario editor, the scenario editor choice seems to work fine the game choice results in the working cursor for a few seconds then nothing.

I've followed all instruction on how to verify game cache, I've removed and reinstalled all local content, I've quit steam, deleted the appcache folder and restarted, none of these seem to change the behavior of nothing happening when I try to start the game. Trying to start the game from the uoc.exe in steamapps results in the same behavior, game nothing, scenario editor runs fine.

Any suggestions?

Lokkij
Cadet

Re: New purchase from steam -- fails to launch

Unread postby Lokkij » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:42 pm

I seem to be having the same issue. I do however get a prompt saying "uoc.exe has stopped working" a second after I select "Play Unity of Command" in the popup (other option is scenario editor). Looking at the information it gives me, it says the problem event name is APPCRASH (pretty logical ;)) and the fault module name is KERNELBASE.dll, if that's any help.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Please try the method described here, it should work for the problems described:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/218090/di ... 677515953/

Lokkij
Cadet

Unread postby Lokkij » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 am

That worked, thanks a ton! I gotta say, I'm really impressed by your tech support :)