Trying to play Unity of Command through Steam on new laptop

Post your technical problems here.
Cheesehead
Cadet

Trying to play Unity of Command through Steam on new laptop

Unread postby Cheesehead » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm trying to play Unity of Command on my new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus ultrabook.

When I start a campaign, the screen is so massively large and zoomed in so close, I can't click any of the buttons to start a game.

I can at least view the Main Menu and Options menus normally. What should I set the screen size to?

Full Screen doesn't work (too zoomed in). I think I tried to match the Window option to my screen resolution of 2048x1152 and it is still too massively zoomed in to play.

Help!

spillblood
Major General

Re: Trying to play Unity of Command through Steam on new lap

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:15 am

Have a look at the following threads, hope they help to solve your problem:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=468
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2181
You're not the only one having difficulties with scaling in high resolution. It's caused by an old version of SDL as stated by Tomislav Uzelac, one of the developers, and it isn't likely to be fixed until the sequel. I hope they do it like, say for example Hotline Miami or Lone Survivor and update the engine with a free patch during development of the sequel or when it's released, would be a nice gesture. I mean just the graphics engine, not the actual graphics or any other stuff.

Cheesehead
Cadet

Unread postby Cheesehead » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:27 pm

The second thread helped. Thanks. I figured out that I needed to run my laptop at highest resolution and then run the game windowed at one of the resolutions recommended in the thread. Worked great.

Gankatron
Newcomer

Unread postby Gankatron » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I got it to work by going to the .exe icon in the Unity of Command folder > Properties > Compatibility > and checking "Disable Desktop Composition"

Hope that helps! ;)