Upgraded to 1.04b but no scenarios etc.

Post your technical problems here.
jeffk628
Newcomer

Upgraded to 1.04b but no scenarios etc.

Unread postby jeffk628 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi - I purchased UOC via your website, and recently upgraded to version 1.04b. When I open UOC, the Credits show version 1.04b. However only the Stalingrad campaign shows under campaigns, and the user scenario page is blank. However I do see in the file structure the scenario folder with 23 or so scenarios. I also do not see any menu option or link to a scenario editor.
Running a Macintosh with system 10.7.5 which is up to date. UOC is excellent - please help me to get Red Dawn and the scenarios, scenario editor to properly appear.

aesqe
Marching band

Re: Upgraded to 1.04b but no scenarios etc.

Unread postby aesqe » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:08 am

Hi jeffk628,

on Mac, you need to quit the game completely from the game menu, and then start it again to see the Red Turn campaign and scenarios.

Red Turn needs to be installed separately, it is not bundled with the main game.

Editor is started via command line with -app switch, like this: uoc --app scenario

Bruno

HappyDaze
Captain

Unread postby HappyDaze » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 pm

I too am on a Mac and have just purchased both UoC and RT, but cannot get the latter to appear. I got my copies from Amazon. Would it make any difference that I installed RT first? I can't seem to get RT to open at all. There isn't even any application icon in the folder and it does not appear on the UoC main menu.

Happy

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 am

hey HappyDaze :)

when you click on "Campaign" or "Scenario" on the game main menu, do you see "Red Turn: The Road to Berlin 1943-45" at the bottom of the list?

If not, please see the FAQ regarding Red Turn Mac installations.

HappyDaze
Captain

Unread postby HappyDaze » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:19 pm

aesqe wrote:hey HappyDaze :)

when you click on "Campaign" or "Scenario" on the game main menu, do you see "Red Turn: The Road to Berlin 1943-45" at the bottom of the list?

Er, no. No matter what I do, all I see is the Stalingrad Campaign.

I get the feeling that there is something that the relevant FAQ is not telling us. It is kind of confusing. I follow all the steps as given, but it feels like something is left out.

Happy

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 am

HappyDaze: best if you e-mail me at [email protected] directly, we'll probably resolve it faster via e-mail - is that OK with you?

Bruno

HappyDaze
Captain

Unread postby HappyDaze » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:27 pm

aesqe wrote:HappyDaze: best if you e-mail me at [email protected] directly, we'll probably resolve it faster via e-mail - is that OK with you?

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

I sent you an e-mail about nine hours ago. Hope you got it.

Happy