Showing supply for enemy?

Post your technical problems here.
scionkiller
Newcomer

Showing supply for enemy?

Unread postby scionkiller » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 pm

The GUI for showing the supply count for your own forces is really crucial to being able to plan your attacks.

Is there anyway of showing the same supply for the enemy forces? If not, why not? I could manually compute it based on the information given to me (location of supply sources and their strength) but this is really annoying. Isn't there a way to just show the hex supply counts like it does for your side?

HappyDaze
Captain

Re: Showing supply for enemy?

Unread postby HappyDaze » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:48 am

I guess this must be marked down to fog of war.

Michael

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Tomislav made comment on this one already, here:
I've seen a few requests like this, but didn't realize how problematic this is until I saw this video. Players should not be counting supply hexes like that, you have the computer as your "staff officer" for that. This feature has now suddenly moved upwards on my TODO list. FoW... not so much, on this time/distance scale my opinion is it's only useful for MP (and even there it's marginal).
I guess we can expect this to change, but not sure if in the next DLC or the next game.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Umm, er, actually no, sorry. Looks like there will be no more code changes with UoC, and so we're not adding the ability to show enemy supply. :?

For the next game, the problem is if you have FoW, then you don't have enough information to display enemy supply in the first place. So it's probably not going to appear there either, except in the unlikely case that I decide to ditch FoW.

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Sorry for misleading the people, I didn't mean it.

It's good to know that you have plans for implementing FoW though.

frobisher
Cadet

Unread postby frobisher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Decided to necro after figuring out a workaround by accident. Well, more like "half-workaround" really.

Activate History Mode during AI's turn - then, after game has been paused, click "Supply" button. Now you should see enemy's version of it. Not exactly accurate since it will be invalidated by AI's movements in a few seconds, but still more than nothing:)