Red Turn: What's up with prestige?

Post your technical problems here.
notsobadnik
Cadet

Red Turn: What's up with prestige?

Unread postby notsobadnik » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 pm

I've completed 14 out of 17 battles as the Soviets and I currently have 2668 prestige. Is prestige supposed to be so easy to acquire?

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Re: Red Turn: What's up with prestige?

Unread postby ComradeP » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Generally, yes. It was also the case in the original game. There's not a lot of stuff to buy with prestige, and the Soviets have few unit reinforcements during the campaign. We felt that it would be better to have generous prestige than not a lot of it. If you want to feel some sort of pressure regarding prestige, single scenarios should offer more of a challenge as you have to make choices in terms of what you buy there.

notsobadnik
Cadet

Re: Red Turn: What's up with prestige?

Unread postby notsobadnik » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 pm

ComradeP wrote:Generally, yes. It was also the case in the original game. There's not a lot of stuff to buy with prestige, and the Soviets have few unit reinforcements during the campaign.

When I played the original game prestige felt more signifigant because those reinforcements came in handy during the later battles (and the first ones which I played through quite a few times as I was learning). I definitely like the aspect of how well you perform somehow carrying on later in the game (besides the ability to unlock battles which require a certain victory level).

In any case, it's a minor quibble. I've been enjoying this game immensely, great work guys! :D