[BUG Red Turn 1.04a] Baltic Offensive marker misplaced

Post your technical problems here.
spillblood
Major General

[BUG Red Turn 1.04a] Baltic Offensive marker misplaced

Unread postby spillblood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey, noticed this while playing through Red Turns campaign: The Baltic Offensive marker on the campaign map is placed somewhere on Gotland, Sweden, which is pretty strange (Soviet invasion of Sweden?).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spillblood
Major General

Re: [BUG Red Turn 1.04a] Baltic Offensive marker misplaced

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:43 am

East Prussia isn't in the proper place, and I'm not sure about Vistula-Oder as well. Needs some revising perhaps.
EDIT: looked at the map more closely. Seems ALL markers are a bit too far west.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

The markers are generally placed some distance from eachother, and not necessarily at the start point of the scenario (possibly a bit to the east and west) to avoid cluttering the map and/or to represent progress during the scenario.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 am

ComradeP wrote:The markers are generally placed some distance from eachother, and not necessarily at the start point of the scenario (possibly a bit to the east and west) to avoid cluttering the map and/or to represent progress during the scenario.

No, they aren't placed "A bit" west or east, they're placed a considerable distance from the points of the scenarios. Have you checked the map? Berlin isn't located in Baden-Württemberg! Please revise this map. Just look at my picture, there's lots of free space in the East of the map. You should move those markers a bit. I bet people totally unfamiliar with European geography won't notice this stuff, but it's evident from just looking at the map!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Hey Lars,

this looks as if you've started your campaign during one of the early betas (the campaign map was changed, remember?) and now it's showing you the wrong locations.

If you restart the campaign, it should not happen.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Ah, OK, so the map layout has changed. Yeah, started it in the first betas. Sorry, my fault! I'll finish the campaign and then try a new one. I'm almost through. It was pretty cool, by the way!