DL'd, installed RED TURN. Where is it?

Post your technical problems here.
dexterxlane
Cadet

DL'd, installed RED TURN. Where is it?

Unread postby dexterxlane » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Downloaded RED TURN. Started installer. Located the UOC folder (C:\MatrixGames\Unity of Command\). Installer extracted all kinds of stuff.

Started UOC, and saw the same old UOC, campaigns and scenarios. Looked all over for some new folder or icon. Nothing.

Where is it?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: DL'd, installed RED TURN. Where is it?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi dexter,

you did everything right except that Matrix Games version is not up to date at this moment. You should upgrade the game with us directly as explained here:

https://unityofcommand.net/how-to-upgrade/

Once Matrix version is up to date (January, I believe), you can use the Matrix version by following the procedure you just described. Their version and ours are entirely compatible and differ mostly in the install location.

Cheers,

Tomislav

dexterxlane
Cadet

Unread postby dexterxlane » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 am

Why not just give me the appropriate update now? I paid good money for the original UOC, and good money for Red Turn.

Why not just throw a link to v1.04 on the website? What's the downside?

Why am I jumping through these hoops, instead of playing the game I already paid for?!?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 am

I cannot influence what Matrix Games does other than asking them politely to update their installer.

I think the upgrade path I am offering is reasonable. However, if you believe this is in some way unappropriate, feel free to contact me at support at unityofcommand.net and I will gladly process a refund.

Otherwise, the register process is quick and easy, hundreds of people registered during the first week without any issues.

Cheers!

newjackcity
Cadet

Unread postby newjackcity » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:33 am

i bought directly, downloaded, and nothing.
how is this installed so i can play the game?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 am

newjackcity wrote:i bought directly, downloaded, and nothing.
how is this installed so i can play the game?

First you need to upgrade Unity of Command to version 1.04a. You can check this by going to Main Menu -> Credits, your current version is noted at the bottom of that screen.

Then, install the DLC.

Finally, restart Unity of Command and you will see a new "Red Turn" campaign and all the new scenarios.

newjackcity
Cadet

Unread postby newjackcity » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 am

I have 1.04a.
I downloaded the zip file and there are no installation instructions besides drop the folder into the application folder.
it doesn't change anything within the game and never asked me for the key.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm

newjackcity wrote:I downloaded the zip file and there are no installation instructions besides drop the folder into the application folder.

Red Turn installer for the mac is a DMG file, not a zip. Perhaps you downloaded the linux version by mistake (the linux version is a TGZ file, so it may show up with a zip icon).

newjackcity wrote:it doesn't change anything within the game and never asked me for the key.

If you do have the DMG, another thing that you might need to do is restart the game.

To make sure the game is restarted, go to "Main Menu", then "Quit". That should do it. When you restart the game (and provided you have Red Turn in "Applications") it should ask you for the key.

karhu
Cadet

Unread postby karhu » Thu May 16, 2013 1:48 am

Hello all,
I found out the Red Turn extension today and bought it. But I can't find it when I launch the game. I'm using Steam to play the game but the Red Turn directly from Unity of Command website. Maybe that's the problem?
Thanks for your help.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu May 16, 2013 6:33 am

karhu wrote:I'm using Steam to play the game but the Red Turn directly from Unity of Command website. Maybe that's the problem?

Hi! Yes, you need to redeem the Steam code as described in your confirmation email, and then activate the game on Steam with that code.

If you're having trouble with this, email support at unityofcommand.net.

Cheers!