Undelete! Undelete!

Post your technical problems here.
majdave
Cadet

Undelete! Undelete!

Unread postby majdave » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:51 am

So, late at night, deep into the campaign, and I'd just lost my 3rd attempt at Kuibyshev. I wasn't really paying attention and when the campaign map came up and showed 2nd Kharkov, I accidentally hit the campaign re-start button, thinking I'd just be re-doing the Kuibyshev scenario. My groggy brain sort of saw the notice about wiping out progress, but I boldly charged forward. Now I lost the campaign. Any way to get back to where I was? My campaign directory is empty.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Undelete! Undelete!

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Only if you can undelete that directory with one of the disk recovery utilities :?

I never used any of those, so I can't really recommend anything.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Unread postby 2xPelin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, if you have Win7 (or maybe Vista) you can try using VSS if it is turned on.

Right-click on campaign folder, properties. Go to previous versions tab and find your files there.

EDIT: also moved to tech support.

majdave
Cadet

Unread postby majdave » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 am

I'm on a mac and used a file recovery program but it couldn't retrieve the campaign file. Oh well, just another excuse to start the Axis campaign over again! By the way, on the MacOS, where would I find the Save directory for UOC, and what would the file extension for a campaign be?