Mac BETA

Ask, comment, read.
peterb
Cadet

Re: Mac BETA

Unread postby peterb » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 pm

I see two issues off the bat. One of them is the ability to alt/command tab, which you've already mentioned and indicated is hard to address..

The other would be that in fullscreen mode at ultra-high resolutions the text is too small. If you're not going to scale the text, then I'd say you should be switching the resolution to whatever is 'right' for the game.
Last edited by peterb on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterb
Cadet

Unread postby peterb » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 pm

After (just barely!) winning the first scenario, I entered "history" mode, but don't seem to be able to get out. The "Resume" button is grayed out. Am I just supposed to return to the main menu from there?

tiohn
Cadet

Unread postby tiohn » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 am

I like to support developers that produce Mac ports. In order to show this support and knowing that I wouldn't play it much since I don't have a Windows machine, I bought Unity of Command upon release because the devs had mentioned that a Mac version was in the works. I have greatly enjoyed the couple hours that I have been able to play, but have been holding out for a Mac release before I really dive in.

Am I expected to repurchase the game in order to play it on my Mac?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:47 am

peterb wrote:you should be switching the resolution to whatever is 'right' for the game.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try whether this works on your machine. Please make sure you've backed up your config file beforehand.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 am

peterb wrote: I entered "history" mode, but don't seem to be able to get out. The "Resume" button is grayed out. Am I just supposed to return to the main menu from there?

Yes. The game is over and you can't take any more turns, this is why you're "locked out". You can still review the situation and replay turns in History Mode. Note that you can still save the game at this point, for replay/AAR etc.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:53 am

tiohn wrote:Am I expected to repurchase the game in order to play it on my Mac?

Nope. Please send me an email at support at unityofcommand.net and I will arrange the download for you.

tiohn
Cadet

Unread postby tiohn » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks!

After playing for a few hours, I didn't come across anything that didn't function exactly like the Windows version.

dclnmurray
Cadet

Unread postby dclnmurray » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:18 am

Is the Mac version going to be kept in lockstep with the PC version? I see there is a patch for the PC version. I also noticed the forum post about both PC and Mac versions being the one and the same.
If the PC version is going to be looked after over the Mac version I would like to perhaps have the PC version instead. Happy to pay the difference.

ta

Dave

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:59 am

PC and Mac version will always remain essentially the same (minus platform issues, of course).

Also, you can always switch if you change platforms between PC and Mac, just contact support at unityofcommand.net and we'll arrange a download.

stevep
Cadet

Unread postby stevep » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:59 am

I've been playing the game as the Axis. Haven't tried the soviets yet. Overall I've enjoyed it.

I'm seeing some confusion - it appears that it says the campaign is saved, but when I come back I'm starting over from the beginning. I don't have enough free time to play with it to tell if I'm doing something wrong, understanding something wrong, or if the game is goofing up.

I haven't played the Soviets yet, but tonight I was in the third scenario of the axis campaign and was surprised to see the soviet units moving about the territory while displaying the same double-red exclamation point that means an axis unit can't move.

Perhaps I need to spend more time reading the docs to understand?