TESTING Version 1.02

Ask, comment, read.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

TESTING Version 1.02

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed May 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Hello,

we have released version 1.02 to testers today. There were some non-trivial changes in this version, so I decided to ask our testing group from last year to give it a go first. If all goes well, I will post the patch here on Friday for a short public beta period before it goes out to all customers sometime next week.

If you're a tester coming here to report, please just reply in this thread instead of the private forum.

You can check that the new version installed correctly by going to "Credits" from the main menu. It should say "Version 1.02pre2" in tiny letters at the bottom. Please report if you run into problems.

Thanks! :)

CHANGELOG:
Undo for move, reinforce, dig, reorganize and disband actions
Move map on select next unit
History Mode: continue playing on next turn
History Mode: replay from start (ctrl+R)
History Mode: back/forward action do back/forward turn automatically when needed
Load Game Menu: open saved games directory in Explorer/Finder
Improved Max OS X full screen support under 10.7
Mac OS X mouse gestures (mouse wheel up/down left/right) for map move

gillmant
Captain

Re: TESTING Version 1.02

Unread postby gillmant » Fri May 11, 2012 10:09 am

Downloaded
Run the file without any problems, the game runs fine. Tested some scenarios and started a new campaign, without any problems. :D

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks!

I assume no more reports means other people didn't find any issues either. I'm issuing the 1.02 patch now then, you can download it here (scroll to bottom of page).

Customers who bought the game through Matrix Games should get the patch through their members club as usual.

If you find any issues with the patch, please report by replying to this thread.

Cheers, :)

Tomislav

Snowwhite
Captain

Unread postby Snowwhite » Fri May 11, 2012 5:06 pm

It's the beta patch I take it pre2 that we are to download. Just thought I would mention that my virus checker went mad when I downloaded it.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri May 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Snowwhite wrote:my virus checker went mad when I downloaded it.

Can you tell me which virus checker?

I have a similar problem with chrome browser - it wrongly detects both the patch and the new build as malware. If anyone knows where I can tell google they're wrong, please do, I appreciate it thx.

Snowwhite
Captain

Unread postby Snowwhite » Fri May 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Yes, it was avast and it advised me to cancel the download because the file was iffy.

I am now downloading the full build to see what happens.

Update: Full build was okay, but is that the 1.0.1 version?

After downloading the patch I scanned it and it came up clean. So it's all a bit strange.
Last edited by Snowwhite on Fri May 11, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri May 11, 2012 5:33 pm

OK, thx. I've shot off some emails to some people who will hopefully have some idea how to solve this. :?

Needless to say, the file is 100% clean.

If anyone experiences similar problems with other browsers/AV software please let us know.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 am

Well so far nothing big. But only had time for one campaign. Two very small things tho:

1. After some of the sounds are played there seems to be a millisecond of "static noise". Might just be my system but i haven't experienced it before.

2. After pushing undo it would be nicer if the units moved back instead of jumping back. Nothing big but I think it would be nicer on the eyes :)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon May 14, 2012 10:14 am

Hi Daniel,

first off, I moved your post from the Test forum (which is for testing forum features, not the beta test) here, so sorry about that 8-)

Danielefc wrote:After some of the sounds are played there seems to be a millisecond of "static noise".

Yep, I actually realised this already. There was a problem with the versioning system and one of the sound files came up mangled in the build. Fixed.

Danielefc wrote:After pushing undo it would be nicer if the units moved back instead of jumping back.

Oh, thanks for giving everyone ideas which require us to do a lot of work Daniel :roll:

Cheers, :)

Tomislav

Snowwhite
Captain

Unread postby Snowwhite » Mon May 14, 2012 12:04 pm

I demand that the units moved back instead of jumping back. And we wants it nowz. :D