Mac version is very nice!

Ask, comment, read.
michaelincol
Cadet

Mac version is very nice!

Unread postby michaelincol » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Quality wargaming titles like this on the Mac are rare. I hope you are able to get this on the App Store and get a wide audience to see, buy and enjoy it on the Mac platform.

I was ready to buy your title and run it under Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro - then I saw the Mac version released and got it. I can only amen all the kudos of the game. And add that on the Mac it runs very well - and very cool which is nice for added battery life and a testimony to how well you guys code. Some games for the Mac have the heat rising and fans blasting all the time.

Back to playing.

Michael

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Mac version is very nice!

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks Michael. :)

We already have some further improvements for the Mac, for example we can now cleanly cmd-tab out of full screen (needs 10.7) and some other goodies. This will all be in the next update.

jcq
Newcomer

Unread postby jcq » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 am

Just adding my appreciation too. Bought it yesterday and am enjoying it. Looks great. Well done.

breakSTAR
Newcomer

Unread postby breakSTAR » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 am

I bought the version for the PC. Do I need to separately pay for the mac version?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 pm

breakSTAR wrote:I bought the version for the PC. Do I need to separately pay for the mac version?

Nope, just email support at unityofcommand.net and we'll arrange the download.

DoggieMon
Newcomer

Unread postby DoggieMon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 pm

The Mac version is simply awesome. This is an excellent war-game for people who want to play the genre but don't want to make a career out of it. The Mac port is excellent. It plays smoothly in machines as old as 5 years. I haven't seen any bugs or crashes while playing scenarios or the campaign. The only critique I have is that the game doesn't command tab (which I understand is coming on the next update) and that if I close my computer for it to go to sleep while playing the game when I open the laptop it bypasses the need for a password (this one I consider serious). I hope the Mac community and web sites pay more attention to this game, as war-games are not well represented on our platform. Oh, and I hope it sells like hotcakes.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 am

DoggieMon wrote: The only critique I have is that the game doesn't command tab (which I understand is coming on the next update) and that if I close my computer for it to go to sleep while playing the game when I open the laptop it bypasses the need for a password (this one I consider serious).

There's a version in "silent beta" that actually fixes both of these issues, but only if you're running 10.7+. Please send an email to support at unityofcommand.net and I'll arrange a download if you're interested.

This feature will be released in the 1.02 version, along with the "big patch" discussed here previously. Demo comes first though, but it is coming real soon now.

oxford_guy
Newcomer

Unread postby oxford_guy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes, big thumbs up for producing a Mac version of the game, was definitely a big factor in my purchasing decision, I hate having to boot into Windows just to play a game

Franciscus
Newcomer

Unread postby Franciscus » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi.

Just to thank publicly the incredible support of Tomislav. I bought UoC via Ageod shop (PC version) just yesterday, but only after I noticed a Mac version was available too. I play in a iMac and can bootcamp, but playing on OSX is much convenient.

I mailed support and in a few hours, and without extra charge, I was given the Mac version that is already installed and playing. :D

Excellent support, many thanks.

Amaranthus
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Amaranthus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 am

I have a PC Desktop, but just discovered today that I can now also play this, using the same purchase, on my Macbook Pro. Huge kudos, can't wait to try it out.