Mac Version Testing - Help Needed

Ask, comment, read.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Mac Version Testing - Help Needed

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:13 pm

We are looking to release a Mac version (BETA) of Unity of Command during next week. Before we release it, we'd like to do a quick pre-beta test over the weekend. If you already run UoC on the PC but also have a Mac, and you're OK with beta software, drop us a line at mactest at unityofcommand.net that you want to participate. Your help with testing is much appreciated, thx in advance. :)

Mac version will be released as BETA (there will be no usual beta test), but it will be at a reduced price during that initial period. We'll announce the details for this next week on our mailing list and here in the forums.

Spooner
Brigadier General

Re: Mac Version Testing - Help Needed

Unread postby Spooner » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am

Although I'm not a Mac-bod, are the platform versions separate or is it buy-on-one-platform-own-on-all, like SteamPlay (I assume some OS X people have been playing in Windows VMs and would be keen to test a native version)?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Mac Version Testing - Help Needed

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:12 pm

We can't make the "bundle" work with BMT... I'm not against it otherwise, but for practical reasons it can't work.

So, for the moment it looks like it will be separate products. However if you're an existing customer and you need to switch versions, just send us an email and we'll arrange the download. I don't intend to charge you twice for what is essentially the same thing :!: