News?

Ask, comment, read.
Apocalypse31
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:25 am

News?

Unread postby Apocalypse31 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello all, I hope things are going well.

Are there any updates as to what's next?

Thank you

User avatar
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: News?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 am

Apocalypse31 wrote:Are there any updates as to what's next?


I've posted this on Friday to twitter (@unityofcommand). Should have probably added it here as well so there, corrected ;)

I think this is going to be a blast to play. There are many rivers that warp the terrain considerably, and there are a few swamps that of course change around in the winter. Also when you're playing the germans, rail system is working against you because of how it radiates away from Moscow.

In short, we're working on it...

screen1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apocalypse31
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:25 am

Re: News?

Unread postby Apocalypse31 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Very nice.

Assuming that the next addon will be BARBAROSSA?

User avatar
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: News?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue May 28, 2013 12:48 pm

It's the worst kept secret ever!

Mandrake48
First Lieutenant
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: News?

Unread postby Mandrake48 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:05 am

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:
Apocalypse31 wrote:Are there any updates as to what's next?


I've posted this on Friday to twitter (@unityofcommand). Should have probably added it here as well so there, corrected ;)

I think this is going to be a blast to play. There are many rivers that warp the terrain considerably, and there are a few swamps that of course change around in the winter. Also when you're playing the germans, rail system is working against you because of how it radiates away from Moscow.

In short, we're working on it...

That looks like it will be a brilliant map Tomislav, can't wait for the new release. Any word on an approximate release date/quarter? Sorry if I've missed it elsewhere!

PS. Commiserations on the result tonight. Regards from Glasgow ;)

Stahlgewitter
Captain
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: News?

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Be lying if I said I was surprised, but excellent.

The '41 campaign makes far more sense than the Soviet '43-'45 campaigns because UoC's most enjoyable with relatively low unit counts. Some of the later scenarios in RT the arbitrary stacking limit is more of an enemy than the Germans, many of your slower and weaker units won't even see action after the first turn or two; that all reduces the fluidity that makes scenarios like Terek such fun.

Also, playing the German side (which frankly I prefer to do) will produce a nice natural progression from easy to hard with the possibility to change the result of the war. I expect a campaign similar to the original with one or two hypothetical scenarios tacked onto the end if the player really balls ass.

Will there be a Soviet campaign based on, say, the winter '41-'42 counterattacks?

User avatar
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: News?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Mandrake48 wrote:PS. Commiserations on the result tonight. Regards from Glasgow


Thanks :-) and I guess I should send congrats the other way, it was a well deserved victory by the Scots.

Mandrake48 wrote:Any word on an approximate release date/quarter? Sorry if I've missed it elsewhere!


When it's done, I know it's a cliche but there you go.

We've got 10 scenarios ATM, including an initial rough cut of Operation Taifun. So, only a handful are left to be done, but then we need to make sure they all work and that they're balanced. I'm not sure how long this will take, so I'll only announce the DLC when we get close to beta.

User avatar
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: News?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Stahlgewitter wrote:The '41 campaign makes far more sense than the Soviet '43-'45 campaigns because UoC's most enjoyable with relatively low unit counts.


'43-'45 was very one-sided, at least on the level we're playing here.

Also, the AI is a bigger challenge, as a flexible defense works best for the Germans and that's really hard for the AI.

Stahlgewitter wrote:playing the German side (which frankly I prefer to do) will produce a nice natural progression from easy to hard


Agreed, this campaign should have a much more natural progression with no special effort from our side.

Stahlgewitter wrote:Will there be a Soviet campaign based on, say, the winter '41-'42 counterattacks?


No, just the scenarios. Obviously there will be Moscow (possibly split into 2 scenarios) and perhaps Rostov. I'm not entirely sure yet.

luczed
First Lieutenant
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: News?

Unread postby luczed » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Great news, I love this game, what would be amazing to see as a future project is the pacific theater with navies and air battles all hexagon based. In the meanwhile I am looking forward the next dlc, which I'm surely buying!

User avatar
spillblood
Colonel
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:01 pm
Contact:

Re: News?

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 am

Awesome! Really looking forward to it. There's nothing comparable to UoC in Entry level wargames at the moment.


Return to “Unity of Command”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests