Is the game going to disappear off Steam and GG?

Ask, comment, read.
tobecooper
Cadet

Is the game going to disappear off Steam and GG?

Unread postby tobecooper » Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm

I've been reading the heated discussion about the niche aspect of wargaming in the recent weeks. I'm not a grognard myself so I can't really offer a strong opinion on the issue. What I can say is that I love UoC. I believe it's got such a well-thought out and aesthetic UI that it can be more successful than some of its more complex brethren. And from what I've read (here) and heard (podcast) it's definitely doing pretty well for itself in the wild of mainstream.

So during the 'niche' discussions, AGEOD proclaimed that they are taking all of their games off every digital shop that is not Matrix/Slitherine/AGEOD. Does that mean UoC will retreat into the fields of niche wargaming too?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Is the game going to disappear off Steam and GG?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat May 04, 2013 5:51 am

Nope.

Unity of Command is made by 2x2 Games, and we are an independent developer. The Slitherine/AGEOD thing has nothing to do with us.

For clarification: what Matrix/Slitherine/AGEOD do for our game is distribution only, the same as GamersGate, Steam, Amazon etc. They cannot tell us what to do, and to be fair they are not doing that: someone simply misread their comments to include UoC and that started the rumor.

Cheers!

tobecooper
Cadet

Re: Is the game going to disappear off Steam and GG?

Unread postby tobecooper » Sat May 04, 2013 9:04 am

Thank you very much for the response and I'm happy to read it's just a rumor!