Resource maps

Ask, comment, read.
nikdav
Colonel

Re: Resource maps

Unread postby nikdav » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm

I agreed !
Spillblood i find many great maps on this site, also the maps of "Frontovaya..."
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:27 am

Nice, thanks for this tip Nikdav. BTW, tried out your 1st Kharkov scenario. Pretty cool!

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Unread postby 2xPelin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 am

spillblood wrote:
2xPelin wrote:Posts moved from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=563

Should I also move: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=563&start=50#p5557 ?

Yeah, it belongs to those other posts. The stuff went a bit in the wrong suggestion, the original purpose was to show some historical map symbols that could be used as an alternative to the 3D models, which I think would be a better solution than standard wargame counters. You should leave the post before the one you linked to, because it's more in line with the purpose of the thread.

Moved.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:33 pm

2xPelin wrote:
spillblood wrote:
2xPelin wrote:Posts moved from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=563

Should I also move: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=563&start=50#p5557 ?

Yeah, it belongs to those other posts. The stuff went a bit in the wrong suggestion, the original purpose was to show some historical map symbols that could be used as an alternative to the 3D models, which I think would be a better solution than standard wargame counters. You should leave the post before the one you linked to, because it's more in line with the purpose of the thread.

Moved.

Thank you 2xPelin! Hehe, I'll definitely look out for some cases for posters this week, so that I can take those resource maps to my flat, and have them scanned in the nearest city. But I'm wondering if I should glue them from the backside, because they are teared partially. Maybe they should also be cleaned a bit. Hehe, after all they must have been on that institute attic since WW II or so (or the early post-war period). This definitely is material that shouldn't be lost (that's why I didn't try to sell them anywhere).
Hehe, I'm wondering if I could have a look at some "Wehrgeologie" (military geology)-book we moved to the institute in Erlangen (where I'm located currently). I guess this also was pretty old, could contain some WW 2 material.

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Hinze's maps are quite detailed, usually more detailed than the average Soviet map. They don't show the Soviets, but the Germans are also often not covered in detail in Soviet maps. Just a divisional, corps or army name somewhere, possibly with a attack/retreat path, and that's often it. The way the Soviets use colours in their maps can also be a bit confusing as things can get cluttered, especially when a large number of units are involved.