Voronezh

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
logan5
First Lieutenant

Voronezh

Unread postby logan5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:06 pm

anyone get a BV on Veronezh? how do you capture across a river on your turn? the only thing I can think of is Pioneers, but they are suppressed when you add them?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Veronezh brilliant victory

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am

Getting a BV is definitely possible, although these are never easy. It's doable even without the engineers - remember you have loads of air attacks in "Voronezh". If you are in good shape for the southern objective by turn 3, you can unload all available air attacks on the city with devastating effects.

If you want to add engineers, that only helps of course. You should remember to add them one turn earlier, so that by the time you need them, they are not suppressed.

Imperial Dane
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Imperial Dane » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Be mindful with aerial attacks on cities, you migh turn it into a ruin..

TevenHangue
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby TevenHangue » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 am

Did it for the 1st time today. I did use Engineers. As has been mentioned before, it's not easy and it takes a bit of luck.

SgtExo
Newcomer

Unread postby SgtExo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:19 pm

I just bought the game and i am working very hard to get brilliant victories in my scenarios, but i am always just 1 turn too late for a BV here, i can usualy get the unit out of veronezh, but i cannot cross, and i can never reach the southern objective at that turn. Is there strategy thats recommended for this scenario?

ante
2x2 Games

Unread postby ante » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 am

Take a look on ComradP's AAR.

Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 am

Like Maikop in Edelweiss, so much depends on a single RND when you call in air strikes the turn you assault the city.

I only got into the city in time for a BV the last time I played by disbanding the first wave of attackers to give me more opportunities to assault the city, gamey though it be.

Xaule
Cadet

Unread postby Xaule » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Take a look at this Voronezh brilliant victory with a perfect score. Warning, spoilers!

http://youtu.be/JKM6AIVVCWc

shaaneson
Newcomer

Re: Voronezh

Unread postby shaaneson » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:48 am

As has been mentioned before, it's not easy and it takes a bit of luck. :shock: