Astrakhan (BETA 5) (moved from Beta test forum)

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Astrakhan

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Well OK, but if the supply source was in Stalingrad itself, you'd still be forced to defend it. You couldn't just retreat like you did in your example, otherwise the Soviets would cut it on their turn 1 already.

Beyond turn 1, obviously if you're going all-or-nothing for a BV on turn 3 you simply don't have to defend the supply source period. But it's not a sure thing that you'll get it in 3 turns. If you don't then everything falls apart if you let the Soviets cut supply.

In this way, a 3 turn BV would be something that's doable but not really rewarded (you get the same score). Sounds about right for me...

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Well, depending on how hard you hit the Soviets, 2 mobile units that can attack will usually still be enough to get a BV on turn 4 I'd say.

Still, the BV limit feels a bit generous. Lowering it to 3 would obviously be a bad idea, but 4 is quite possible without getting lucky aside from not getting mud near your mobile units.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Oh, I'm not against lowering it to 4... especially because this scenario doesn't lead anywhere in the campaign, so you're getting a BV just for glory.

I do want to make the adjustments that deal with "win in 3 turns" situation first. When this is OK, we can lower the BV limit to 4 if it remains doable without excessive luck, sure.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Re: Astrakhan (BETA 5)

Unread postby 2xPelin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Locked - updated in new release.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=424

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Re: Astrakhan (BETA 5) (moved from Beta test forum)

Unread postby 2xPelin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Topic moved from beta test forum. Continue discussion here.