Stalingrad (moved from Beta test forum)

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
ComradeP
Brigadier General

Stalingrad (moved from Beta test forum)

Unread postby ComradeP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Nice scenario, there's real pressure on the Axis to get to Stalingrad in time.

Keeping Guderian's advice in mind to strike with the fist and not with the fingers spread (that's a common English translation in any case), I decided to concentrate my mobile forces in the south, using the bridge at the western part of the map.

The Soviet infantry actually started attacking my infantry and was generally defeated with a series of backhand blows.

Brilliant victory on turn 7, the sheer amount of mobile units pointed towards Stalingrad from the south overwhelmed the defenders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Re: Stalingrad

Unread postby 2xPelin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Yes, great scenario :)

It really shows how Germans had problems with supply there.

Hmm, I didn't try southern approach, but I will now :)

Also, could you write your thoughts in Scoreboard forum so we could get average user ratings and difficulty for scenarios and implement it (to show scenario difficulty).

Thanks!

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Did this again with more courage to go out of supply and a few engineers to get across rivers/defeat . Not at all sure why this is 24 turns limit, rather than something like 14 or 16, since I managed one in turn 8 and the other in turn 9 (and BV is 8 for both city tiles); are there a large number of reinforcements for both sides if you are slow that just get bogged down or something?

Main problem is that your supply line moves forward very slowly, so you have to be careful to rotate units a bit, but I have no idea _how_ you could take 24 turns to finish this!

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 pm

2xPelin, I'm playing a campaign now so there's no score aside from the objective's score, which would distort the final score compared to what you play them as individual scenarios.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Re: Stalingrad (moved from Beta test forum)

Unread postby 2xPelin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Topic moved from beta test forum. Continue discussion here.