Gallop/Star (moved from Beta test forum)

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
Spooner
Brigadier General

Re: Gallop/Star

Unread postby Spooner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:21 pm

I was wondering if I shouldn't be reorganising more of my units to make fewer, but stronger ones. Often I avoid doing this since you really need to keep a solid front line to prevent easy breakthroughs, but like making infantry assaults, sometimes the cost it worthwhile.

But yeah, nothing will effectively chew on those SS guys if they decide to sit on the prizes. If they are elsewhere, I can cut them off and kill them or just absorb the damage and stop them causing too much trouble.

I'll try it again with some reinforcements and try to reorganise more and see how it goes.

Spooner
Brigadier General

Re: Gallop/Star

Unread postby Spooner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:53 pm

I had to speculate to accumulate! I bought a veteran tank unit and gave it the tank step from one of my infantry units and scrapped some small tanks for spares. I won with 620/700 points and the gain in prestige was 4x what I spent. Huzzah!

Still I found the SS to be a pain in the neck again, but they attacked to the North, not the South, so I was able to manage them better (with starvation again, but I had time to do it and push them off the victory cities this time :D)!

Of course, saying the elite SS grenadiers are a pain in the neck is a little bit of an understatement and frankly, they should scare the jellies off me!

EDIT: Seems harsh that I can't unlock Dneper/Donbas unless I complete this mission perfectly :( I'll do it as a scenario then.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Re: Gallop/Star (moved from Beta test forum)

Unread postby 2xPelin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Moved from beta test forum, continue discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=483