Animated Weather Tiles and other comments...

Post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.
wssymes
Newcomer

Animated Weather Tiles and other comments...

Unread postby wssymes » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm

First I wanted to tell the devs that the game looks fantastic! From the infantry and tank units, to the overall map and UI design, it looks amazing and clean. On a side note, I wonder if you would consider lightening the shadows under the trees? The dark shadows make them appear a little muddy. But that is just my graphic designer talking ;)

While playing the game, I was wondering how difficult it would be to add animated weather tiles for snow and rain? It would be nice to add some more animated elements to the map. It would make the game feel more alive, if that makes sense.

RambOrc
Captain

Re: Animated Weather Tiles and other comments...

Unread postby RambOrc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:43 am

Maybe it's just me, but I like in turn based games that nothing's moving unless something actually moves (i.e. player or AI moving around units), unlike in an RTS where it's all movement all the time.

spillblood
Major General

Re: Animated Weather Tiles and other comments...

Unread postby spillblood » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:16 pm

RambOrc wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I like in turn based games that nothing's moving unless something actually moves (i.e. player or AI moving around units), unlike in an RTS where it's all movement all the time.

Hmm, no, some animations on the map could add some nice detail. But it could be made optional for persons who don't like it.