Can't Progress to the Next Scenario in a Campaign

Post your technical problems here.
samuelmuindi
Cadet

Can't Progress to the Next Scenario in a Campaign

Unread postby samuelmuindi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:39 pm

I've completed the Astrakhan scenario successfully (two Iron Crosses), but I can't advance to the next one. See the screenshot. Is this because I restarted the scenario?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Can't Progress to the Next Scenario in a Campaign

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Samuel,

no, you need a decisive victory in "Case Blue" to open up the Caucasus scenarios. You can click on "Case Blue" in the campaign map and it will show you some brief info on how to progress in the lower right corner (area) - it will show that "Edelweiss" was not opened because you didn't get a decisive victory in "Case Blue".

Cheers!

samuelmuindi
Cadet

Unread postby samuelmuindi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 pm

So in other words, its possible to "win" the Case Blue scenario and progress to the Stalingrad scenario and on to Edelweiss and Astrakhan but then no further because of the lack of a decisive victory in Case Blue? I suppose I see that historical logic of that because its a bit confusing gamewise.

That said, I have to say that this is absolutely the best historical simulation I've ever seen. As someone who used to play the old Avalon Hill games back in the late 1970s, its safe to say that I've been waiting for this superb game for decades. Well done.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks for the kudos :-)

I agree there's room for improvement in the campaign game and we're looking into that - although perhaps not in the first expansion: "Road to Berlin" will most likely have this same style of campaign.

jeddak
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby jeddak » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:25 pm

I agree that this is a great game (like chess when it comes to moves and thinking ahead). I had mistakenly thought when I bought the game that you would have the chance to change history by exceeding historical outcomes but I guess that would be difficult to to do so instead the game is set up to take you through historical situations balanced to need BV's and DV's to progress onward. Makes sense.