Might buy the game but...

Post your technical problems here.
Solidamus
Cadet

Might buy the game but...

Unread postby Solidamus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Where should I do it? I have an account on Desura with a lot of games in it so that seems a pretty good idea but the game is much cheaper from unityofcommand.net, Is it possible that I could buy the game straight from you guys and get some sort of activation to Desura, I like to have my digital games in as many platforms as possible. Oh, and do you have any plans to get UoC on Steam, because that's where most of my games are and I don't want to buy the game now if I can't get an activation key later for Steam, just going to buy it straight from there then. :P I know, I make this stupid complicated but that's how I like it.

EDIT: Actually the game is not any cheaper on the main site, the price on the homepage just doesn't have taxes added so it evens out. Might just buy the game through Desura then, so I get it on one platform atleast.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Might buy the game but...

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:50 am

Hi,

yeah nothing we can do about the taxes, but the price is calculated to be about equal on all sites. May vary by something like +/- 1$ or something due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Cheers!

Solidamus
Cadet

Unread postby Solidamus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Bought the game on Desura and I have enjoyed it immensely. How long are you going to support the game now that you have released it? DLC campaigns would be nice. And how about Steam? Are you going to release the game there and if you are, can the customers who have already bought the game get a key there?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 am

Glad you liked it :-)

It's easier for us (technically) to put out one large "expansion" rather than campaign-by-campaign DLCs, so that's what we'll be doing. I'm looking to make it good value for money too, so expect lots of scenarios.

re: Steam, we'd love to be there, but they're not taking us. I re-apply from time to time and at the same time try not to get too invested emotionally :? If they ever take us on, I promise to be as nice as possible to existing customers... not really sure how things work there, so I'm vague about it, yeah ;)