saved games

Post your technical problems here.
Nuke
Second Lieutenant

saved games

Unread postby Nuke » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:03 am

im having some trouble saving games in the middle of a campaign, the auto save feature doesnt seem to be helping much. i cant get anything saved that isnt already on the final comleted screen.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: saved games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:09 am

Hi,

in campaign mode, games are always autosaved. Even if you exit in the middle of a game (either to campaign map, or main screen), when you return to the game via the campaign map, you should be restarting from the very same moment you left.

If this is not working as described above, please describe what is happening in some more detail, we'll look into it. Specifically, can you confirm that saving games is working in the first place, in any situation?

Cheers,

Tomislav

Nuke
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Nuke » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:00 am

it is auto saving in campaign mode as your describing, but what i cant do is save at a certian point in the campaign like the begining of stalingrad and be able to go play the russian campaign and come back to the stalingrad scenario and be able to play it with all the prestige i saved up in previous scenarios without have to play all the previous scenarios again to get back to that point. more of a save on command feature, not as much to be able to save in the middle of a scenario, but at the begning of one in campaign mode

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah, we don't have that, and we've gotten plenty of grief over that particular design choice :? I'll see what can reasonably be done about it in the big patch.

In the meantime, you can save the campaign manually: exit to main menu, then go to the saved games folder and copy the entire contents of subfolder "campaign" somewhere for keeping, say a zip file.

When, sometime in the future, you want to restart the campaign from that position, clear the campaign directory and copy your old campaign from the zip.

Hope this helps!