Game will not see user generated scenarios

Post your technical problems here.
Vaktathi
First Lieutenant

Game will not see user generated scenarios

Unread postby Vaktathi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 am

I've been playing with the map editor a bit and whenever I load up the game to try and test it out to see how it plays, it will not see any of the 3 scenarios I have created, the mission select for User Generated Scenarios is just blank.

Is there something I'm missing in the construction of the mission or are there any known issues with regards to this?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Game will not see user generated scenarios

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 am

Thanks for posting! There are no known issues for this. Can you please give me the following:

1. Your OS version

2. In the scenario editor, go to Load Scenarios -> User Generated Scenarios -> Open User Scenarios Folder. Please post the full path of the folder that gets opened.

3. In the game, go to Load Game -> Open Saved Games Folder. Please post the full path of the folder that gets opened.

Vaktathi
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Vaktathi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:31 am

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:Thanks for posting! There are no known issues for this. Can you please give me the following:

1. Your OS version

2. In the scenario editor, go to Load Scenarios -> User Generated Scenarios -> Open User Scenarios Folder. Please post the full path of the folder that gets opened.

3. In the game, go to Load Game -> Open Saved Games Folder. Please post the full path of the folder that gets opened.

Windows 7 Ultimate

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Unity of Command\user\scenarios

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Unity of Command\save

-thanks!

The scenario editor finds it just fine, but when I open the game client to go play it, they're not there for some reason. If it helps, I bought, installed, and run the game and Red Turn through Steam.

I have to say, aside from this issue, I've been having a whole lot of fun with this game. I was hugely surprised at how challenging yet simple and clean it is :P

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 am

I think this could be the issue: when the game lists the scenarios, it checks if a few basic conditions are met ("sanity checks"). If these are not met, the scenario won't even show up in the list.

One condition is that you need to have at least one objective in the scenario. Can you check if that's the issue?

If it is, well then you only need to add at least one objective to each scenario. ;)

If not, please zip the usc files and send them over to support at unityofcommand.net

Cheers!

Vaktathi
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Vaktathi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 am

Good news, I went back into each mission and removed each objective and then re-created them and now it seems to work!

Thanks for the help!

:D :P